Thématique Emergente sur : "Les Aspects Energétiques du Calcul"
Emerging Technology Seminar: "Energy
Issues in Computing Systems"
January 13, 2011
EDF Clamart site, France
This seminar aims to introduce both academic and industrial research projects about energy issues in computing systems
. Main topics of the talks will be:
- introduction to existing and future monitoring tools,
- measurement and control of energy consumption in computing applications,
- energy consumption experiments and benchmarks on various systems.
Finally a panel
and discussion will conclude the seminar.
Preliminary program schedule
- 09h00: Registration
- 09h30 - 10h00: Opening - Olivier Morvant, EDF - Dept. SINETICS.
- 11h00 - 11h15: coffee break
- 14h00 - 14h30: L. Lefevre, INRIA, University of Lyon, France. Monitoring, Collecting and Exposing Energy Usage of Large Scale Distributed
Infrastructures (Green Net project).
- 14h30 - 15h00: E. Feller, IRISA. Introduction to the ECOGRAPPE project and results (a project from IRISA & EDF & Kerlabs).
- 15h00 - 15h30: F.
Pinel, Computer Science and Communications Research Unit, Luxembourg University. Memory-aware green scheduling for multi-core processors.
- 15h30 - 15h45: coffee break
- 16h45-17h15: Panel about energy issues in computing and conclusion
- 17h15: End of the seminar
Organization and support
SUPELEC & AlGorille INRIA Project Team
03 87 76 47 20
01 47 65 34 18
- SUPELEC and EDF R&D are members of the COST-IC0804 on "Energy efficiency in large scale
- Top Green 500
|Thursday January 13, 2011||
1 avenue du Général de Gaulle
92141 Clamart Cedex
|Map and information to access EDF Clamart site (pdf file).||Registration is free, but you must register sending a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Number of seats is limited to 50. Please register quickly.